If you desperately want to make positive change in the world but you don’t yet believe you have the power, skills or influence to do so, keep reading.
If you want to make positive change in the world and you DO believe you have the power, skills and influence but don’t know what YOU personally can do, keep reading.
If you’re already using your power, skills and influence to make positive change in the world, keep reading, because the journey is cyclical and it’s essential that we spiral deeper into our callings.
And if you’re a power-hungry capitalist, using your influence to bleed people and planet dry – hang around, you might just learn something…
You are invited on an incredible online journey for women who are ready to root into the earth, rise into their unique calling and play their part in the co-creation of a better world.
You can expect twenty-five short, guided recordings that bring you into connection with yourself and the rest of nature.
Including insightful visualisations, writing prompts and embodiment exercises, woven together by a creative eco-psychotherapist who has walked this path (and still is).
As we spiral within to embrace our true selves, we rise.
As we root ourselves in the rest of nature, we rise.
As we reclaim our power and embody our calling, we rise.
And as we rise, we raise a new world with us.
You’re here because you know a fairer, life-sustaining world is sorely needed right now
The systems we live in are not fit for purpose.
Prioritising economic growth over wellbeing is destructive, divisive and unsustainable.
We humans have lost connection with what truly matters.
We have become detached from ourselves, the welcome and warmth of community, and the earth.
To see this truth is a lonely thing.
Yet to feel anxiety, fear and despair as a result is healthy and necessary.
It is the rallying cry of the earth calling us to meaningful action.
We all have a vital role to play in the healing and transformation of our world.
We are all different. We are all unique. And the gifts we offer the world reflect that.
When we weave those offerings together, magic happens.
What we need most of all right now is to remember who we are. As humans. As members of the whole earth community. As nature itself.
It’s time to break free from who we are told we should be, by a toxic system in its death throes that threatens to take us all down with it.
It’s time to rise up into who we were born to be. And to raise a new world with us.
We need everyone to be a part of this transformation in their own way
Introducing Root & Rise
This programme is about recognising your eco-anxiety, fear, guilt, anger, paralysis – whatever it is you’re feeling – as a healthy response to the unravelling of our world. And not just healthy, necessary too. Rather than suppress, avoid or medicate your emotions (although I believe there can be a time for all of these things) hear them as the cries of the world calling you to action.
You are being summoned to rise up and contribute to the wellbeing of the planet
I will guide you on a spiralling journey of self-discovery that invites in the vital work of reconnection; healing the great rift in our souls that has separated us from the rest of nature, and our true nature. A disconnection that is leading to the destruction of our world.
Throughout Root & Rise you will weave the threads of who you are within this magical, interconnected web of life on earth, and the part you are being called upon to play. Each bite-sized, heart-centred session is skilfully crafted to nurture the seed within you, so you can root into your true calling and trust that the shoots that grow from this sacred place will be resilient, powerful and deeply connected to you and the whole earth community you belong to.
But perhaps it’s best described by someone who has walked the journey before…
“This programme has the potential to change the course of your life. If you’re feeling stuck, helpless or numb about the climate crisis and know you want to play a part in helping change things but have no idea what exactly that part is, Lisa Harmer’s smart, sensitive and imaginative guidance will help you figure it out. I have ended the course clearly visualising the direction I was always meant to go, but couldn’t see. It is reassuring to know that there are paths you can take through what is happening in our world, that can empower you to not only help steer our collective journey, but also thrive while doing it.”
~ Clare Saxon-Ghauri ~
Waking up to the crises in the world hurts
When I became aware of how urgent the climate crisis was I was propelled into action by my fear and anxiety. I did everything I could think of to turn things about – protesting, petitioning friends and family (and random people in the post office queue…) I recycled religiously, stopped flying. I couldn’t say ‘no’ to anything, the guilt was too much. My children, faces full of innocence, looked up at me and all I could think was “I have to do everything in my power to protect you”. And so I kept going.
“The times are urgent, let us slow down”.Bayo Akomolafe
It took me a good while of burning myself out before I realised that a deeper level of activism was needed. Leaping straight from anxiety to action leaves a huge gulf preventing us from being fully connected to who we are and what we are doing.
Action is good, it is necessary. AND it needs to be rooted in something substantial
Slowing down and creating space to feel into what was happening for me was an incredibly vulnerable process. It also saved me. I was able to tap into my creative power, my intuition, to re-weave the threads of who I am in this wonderful interconnected world, and equip myself to face the mess we’re in with roots deep in the earth and my heart wide open.
I have drawn deeply from this well in the crafting of this programme as well as my humbling experience as an eco-psychotherapist and creative workshop facilitator.
Everything is included that you need to thrive
Twenty-five lovingly-crafted exercises
Each one inviting you to open your heart, reconnect with who you are, and step a little closer to the unique contribution you are being called to. Every recording begins by coming into connection, then I’ll walk you through a combination of insightful writing prompts, embodied experiences and expansive visualisations.
Everything wrapped up in a bow – all you need to do is show up
I know how hard it can be to make space for this necessary work even though you likely share my view that connection is a truly radical act in a world torn apart. But it’s hard to untangle from the go go go system long enough to create space for yourself.
And when you finally do you have the added stress of figuring out how best to use this precious time, inevitably leading to a big faff where you end up scrolling through Instagram because in the process of finding that meditation you’d saved for later, you forgot what you were doing in the first place. Sound familiar?
So to help, I have packaged this amazing journey into twenty minute recorded sessions that you can do daily or more spaced out, it’s entirely up to you.
Your very own podcast
Hopefully the message has gotten across that this programme is designed to be easily achievable, even when you have lots else going on (yes, even the mums among you! In fact this is created with you in mind). All you need to do is prioritise some me-time, I’ll do the rest.
To make these powerful bite-sized sessions super-doable, I have recorded every one so all you need to do is hit play and follow along. Don’t listen to podcasts? Don’t worry! I’ll give you step-by-step instructions of how to set everything up. It’s really simple. I’ll also email you links to the MP3 versions, so you can download them instead – whatever works for you.
Whether you have just become aware of the crises we face, if you already have an inkling about the part you play, or even if you have a project up and running – this programme has something to offer you. Because your beautiful unfolding never ends, and you can always spiral deeper;
- untangling yourself from the unhealthy systems we live within.
- reclaiming lost parts of yourself that are desperate to shine.
- easing yourself deeper into the warm embrace of connection, to a place of the heart, the soul and the rest of nature. A place from which authentic action is possible.
It’s why, when you invest in Root & Rise, you get access for life. Because I know from experience how nourishing and necessary it is to return to this core process time and time again. So you get access to the recordings forever PLUS when I run the live programme, you can join in for no extra cost.
Things that can happen when you come into connection and follow your unique calling
Things I’ve personally done;
- Come to a place of acceptance with our unknown future.
- Found a balance between earth-care and self-care so I’m not burning out and I can continue to care for my children and nurture other relationships in my life.
- I have come home, remembering that I belong to the rest of nature.
- Significantly reduced the amount of guilt I feel for the world and how we’re leaving it for the next generation.
- Cultivated a deep sense of community with other women who are awakening to the crises in the world. This has been genuinely life-changing! Not just because of the support I feel, but because I’m part of something so much bigger than myself. I know I am one thread in a beautiful tapestry in the making.
- Channelled my precious energy by saying ‘yes’ only to the things that align with my calling and the impact I can have, freeing up time and energy for other important things like being with my family.
- Remembered my way into my heart, and reclaimed it as a guiding compass in my life.
- Crafted a business rooted in my personal calling which is deeply humbling, brings me great satisfaction and that I know is contributing to the co-creation of a better world (as well as paying the bills).
- Deepened my sense of immediate community and helped to strengthen local resilience.
- Inspired a wave of women who will in turn send ripples out into our world. Brave, courageous souls with hearts on fire, making a difference wherever they are.
Things you could do;
- All the above, plus;
- Believe, with full confidence, that you can make a deeply meaningful difference in our world and be clearer on what your personal contribution is.
- Untangle from who you were told you should be and put down roots in who you were born to be, ready to rise up into your calling.
- Seed a project that is aligned with your passion and power AND contributes to the wellbeing of the world.
- Feel more able to emotionally navigate the crises we face, leaning into the unknown with greater acceptance and grace.
Cost and dates
The investment is £197. You can pay in full or in three instalments of £66.
Or in US dollars it’s $263 or three instalments of $88.
I’m really aware that having the time and money to take this journey is a great privilege. So I will offer a limited number of pay-what-you-can places for anyone who truly cannot access these prices. Please email me via the contact page if you would like more information.
Here’s what other women have said about Root & Rise…
“Lisa is a master guide through the inner and outer realms of our individual and collective universe. She calmly and safely takes you into your fears and pushes you to the edge of your knowing, allowing you to finally meet your truest self. ”
~ Mom, nature lover, psychiatrist, fellow traveller ~
“This programme has taken me on a wonderful, surprising journey. It felt like I was weaving pieces of myself together to create and realise new ideas about my place in the world and my vision for the future, it truly felt like magic! Lisa created such an empowering, nurturing space; I felt held and supported throughout.”
~ A Mum ~
Root & Rise is for you if…
- You identify as a woman (trans, cis or other).
- You are aware of the urgency of the climate crisis and are feeling one or more of the following things – anxious, scared, paralysed, overwhelmed, the urgent need to take action.
- You are already taking meaningful action and want to deepen your connection and get more aligned with your calling.
- You are in a perpetual cycle of taking action and burning out.
- You struggle with the uncertainty of the future.
- You feel you might be acting from your head, not your heart.
- You can find it hard to connect with the rest of nature because you feel so guilty for what humans have done.
- You worry about the next generation, your own children, and what life will be like for them.
- You see the world collapsing around you and feel hopeless and helpless to stop it.
- You are feeling isolated and in need of a nurturing community of like-minded women.
- You want to feel stronger and more emotionally prepared for what’s to come.
- You want to live in a more compassionate, cooperative and just world.
- You want to make a meaningful contribution to bringing this world into being, but are finding it hard to see a way forward or understand your role in it.
- You want to feel more alive, vital and empowered.
- You want to break free of who you were told you should be and embrace the woman you were born to be.
- You are ready to balance self-care and earth-care.
- You want to be a passionate, powerful member of the whole earth community, and a good ancestor for future generations.
This is not for you if…
- You’re looking for a quick fix. This programme guides you through an intensive journey, but it won’t be your last. Many things will be clearer for you by the end AND there will be more work to be done.
- You’re not committed to doing the work. Check in with yourself – is this your time? Will you make the space you need? Are you ready to prioritise yourself and make this work in your life?
- You want to stay in your head. This programme invites you back into your heart and body, into feeling. It will likely be uncomfortable at times, definitely vulnerable.
- You are not open to working creatively.
- You feel like you’ve done it all already. You may have done some of these exercises before, but the beauty of this work is that it takes you deeper each time, revealing new paths along the way. You need to be open to finding things you haven’t before.
Ready to go?
Click on the button below to join with women like you who want to raise a better world
Still not sure? Perhaps these Root & Rise graduates can help you decide…
“It was such a treat to make and take twenty minutes for myself each day to tune in, connect and be guided through some really important work. It helped restore some balance in my life. Lisa’s voice is calming and soothing and each exercise brought something new to light. This is an engaging and inspirational programme and I would recommend it to anyone seeking for and wanting to live their truth.”
~ Becky ~
“This programme helped me to reconnect to my heart, my calling. It is so easy to get distracted and disconnected in today’s world, and these twenty-minute breaks from my day helped me to get in tune with myself once again.”
~ Gwyneth Jones ~
“Lisa provided an opportunity for deep exploration within a container beautifully woven with an intricate pattern of safety, challenge and nourishment. I was surprised how swiftly I could step into sessions, and the timeless quality of each twenty minutes.”
~ Rowan ~