I feel like I’m living in two worlds… everything seems hopeless… my friends and family look at me like I’m crazy… I panic when I read another article about how bad things are… I’m angry that people don’t care… I’m so anxious…
These feelings are a normal response to acknowledging the climate crisis. And, yes, climate anxiety or grief is a real thing! There are going to be big feelings – fear, hopelessness, anger, grief, anxiety, guilt, to name a few. What’s important is what you do with them. One thing’s for sure – it’s really unhealthy to keep them in the confines of your own heart and mind. You need to feel and share your feelings – it’s the only way through. Climate scientist Katherine Hayhoe goes as far as to suggest that “the most important thing you can do about climate change is talk about it”.
I warmly invite you for 1-1 therapy in person or online. A private, non-judgmental space tailored to you that can include talking, creating and engaging with nature – whatever suits you.
You may wish to use the space to;
- feel your grief and come to a place of acceptance
- strengthen your emotional resilience and ability to adapt
- untangle yourself from the familial and societal conditioning that is conflicting with, and holding you back from, your potential
- develop coping mechanisms for living in the “business as usual” world while being aware of the truth and ambiguity of what is to come
- build a toolkit of inner-resources for when things get too much
- create a sustainable wellbeing practice unique to you that keeps you emotionally robust
- strengthen your support network and sense of community
- explore your experiences through art, story, movement, visualisation
- develop a meaningful relationship with the natural world
As your therapist I will;
- provide a supportive, safe and non-judgemental healing space that welcomes everything that you bring
- act as a witness to your healing journey and life story
- recognise that you know what’s best for you and are the expert in YOUR life
- offer you creative tools to explore with
- invite you to connect with nature and the healing potential there
- provide confidentiality to you
- support you to access your own wisdom and find your own answers
- keep my heart and mind open
- accept that I don’t know it all
I am currently offering 1-1 therapy both face-to-face in South West London and online. Therapy sessions last fifty minutes. The investment is £50, plus I offer a lower income reduced rate. The indoor therapy space is a five minute walk from Norbury train station, on the 50, 109 and 255 bus route, or we can work together online. I am available Tuesdays and Fridays during the day and some evenings.
If you are ready to invest in your wellbeing or have any further questions, please contact me here. I look forward to walking the journey with you.
To find out more about the blend of psychotherapy I offer, click here.
Click here to explore other ways of working with me.